Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Things for Summer

I am excited at the possibilities for this summer (all minus the prospect of taking two "heightened" semesters of physics). I want to volunteer and do things, after all, I have someone to do them with! I want to become involved in things I care about, or am at least interested in. Why should I think I'll do lot of great things with my life if I never start on small ones? I am having somewhat irrational ideas of joining the FoodCorps, or convincing the city to lend me a plot of land to start an organic farm for the provo schools. The local-food movement is inspiring me right now; we talked about it last class (I'm a nutrition major, remember?) and I've been reading about it since. Here is a list of things I would like to try before summer is past:

-Volunteer on a local farm
-Become a CASA volunteer
-Read theses books
+Anna Karenina
+Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
+East of Eden (again)
-Get in a research group at BYU
-Be a Group Leader for BYU New Student Orientation

Who knows, maybe K and I will sneak a few chaperoned road trips in there, as well. What would summer be without a little escapism?

Any other suggestions for this summer?


4 comments:

  1. If you don't get your booty over to Bend, OR with K we're through. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, instead of Bend, you could just come to Layton. Much closer. And I won't feed you eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what physics are you taking? I have books from both semesters (105 and 106) if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hilary...except change that Bend, OR part to Castro Valley, CA. I hear it's lovely this time of year. Also, we don't eat eggplant, but we do have Bakesale Betty's. Enough said. We win. You're coming here.

    Next subject: I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance in High School. Good book, but way over my head at the time. I should re-read it; and I want to re-read East of Eden, too. It's been too long. Thanks for the reminder.

    See you next weekend?

    ReplyDelete