Monday, December 7, 2009

Tupac Teaches Us

Tupac teaches us once again. I was going through the list of poems that I have in my collection and came across this one. I felt it was too applicable to my previous post to leave out of my blog. Let's see what Tupac has to say about crying:

I Cry

Sometimes when I'm alone

I Cry,

Cause I am on my own.

The tears I cry are bitter and warm.

They flow with life but take no form

I Cry because my heart is torn.

I find it difficult to carry on.

If I had an ear to confide in,

I would cry among my treasured friend,

but who do you know that stops that long,

to help another carry on.

The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.

Than to stop and see what makes one cry,

so painful and sad.

And sometimes...

I Cry

and no one cares about why.

Tupac Shakur

3 comments:

  1. how many brothas fell victim to the streets. r.i.p. tupac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYAN!!! I need some clarity... where are you whenever I need you? I was confronted with a situation the other day and all I kept thinking was "What would Ryan do? What would Ryan think?" Maybe I should have asked what Tupac would do... Oh, and I have been dying to tell you that I bought a new Moleskine for 2010. Most people don´t understand what the excitement is about.

    I am pretty excited to see you too. According to your own definition of friend... you´d better bring your hotwheels. See you... when I see you.

    ReplyDelete